Frequently Asked Questions

« 7 of 7 »

Notary Stamps— source: sacretary of state

I need to request a new certificate of authorization to have a new stamp made. Is there a fee?

A duplicate certificate of authorization can be obtained by written request to the Secretary of State. There is no fee to request a certificate of authorization. (California Government Code section 8207.3(e).)

What do I do if I lost my stamp or journal?

Notaries public who have lost their stamp or journal must send a letter immediately by certified mail to the Secretary of State explaining what happened to their stamp or journal and, if applicable, a photocopy of a police report. The letter should include your typed or printed name, notary public commission number, and your signature. If your journal was lost, include the time period of the journal entries and the expiration date of your commission in the letter. Upon written request, the Secretary of State will send a duplicate certificate of authorization so you can have a new stamp made. (California Government Code sections 8206 and 8207.3(e).)

What do I do with my notary public journal and stamp once my commission is no longer valid?

If any notary public resigns, is disqualified, removed from office, or allows his or her appointment to expire without obtaining reappointment within 30 days, all notarial records and papers must be delivered to the clerk of the county in which the notary public’s current official oath of office is on file within 30 days. The notary public stamp should be destroyed. (California Government Code section 8209(a).)

AmeriCorps | Peace Corps— source: national community

Is AmeriCorps like Peace Corps?

AmeriCorps | Reading Partners

Reading Partners · AmeriCorps Background Checks Fingerprint

Yes. AmeriCorps is often referred to as “the domestic Peace Corps.” Both agencies are committed to service, and both offer challenging and rewarding full-time opportunities. Peace Corps assignments are all overseas, and AmeriCorps members serve only in the US. While Peace Corps Volunteers serve for two years, a stint in AmeriCorps usually lasts 10 months to one year. (Some AmeriCorps projects also offer part-time opportunities, and some AmeriCorps members serve more than one term of service.)

Hague Conference— source: abcs of apostilles

About the Hague Conference on Private International Law

Hague Conference

Hague Conference

The Hague Conference on Private International Law was established in 1893 and became a permanent intergovernmental organisation in 1955. Today, the Hague Conference is the pre-eminent World Organization dealing with cross-border legal issues in civil and commercial matters. Its mission is to work towards a world in which individuals and companies can enjoy a high degree of legal certainly in cross-border situations.

Responding to the needs of a globalising international community the Hague Conference develops multilateral Converntions (45 since 1893) and assists with their implementation and practical operation. These Hague Conventions deal with such diverse fields as Apostilles; service of process abroad; taking of evidence abroad; shares, bonds and other securities; child abduction, intercountry adoption, maintenance obligations, etc. These Convetions serve to build bridges between various legal systems while respectiong their diversity. The Secretariat of the Hague Conference is called Permanent Bureau.

« 7 of 7 »

Back to Top ▲




Copyright © 2019 Cal Live Scan Logo is a registered trademark of Cal Live Scan. All rights reserved.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names referenced in this material are the property of their respective owners.